Monday, January 29, 2007

How RSS Changed the Way I Surf the Web

For some of the courses in the ETL program, as part of the orientation assignment for the first week, we are asked to provide three websites that would somehow define our professional life/career and personal interests. I started to type a brief bio of myself without thinking much about the assignment. However, when it was time to provide the addresses of websites related to my profession and/or personal interests, I could not think of a specific website, There are so many of them... I thought. I then realized that I no longer visit all the different websites, nor do I remember all of their addresses or names.

The RSS aggregator I've been using, has allowed me to have access to all these different websites that may have any content of interest without having to visit each one of these website. Without knowing it, I had taken advantage of the greatest benefit that RSS and blogs have provided to individuals using the web.

I've become somehow addicted to RSS, and I did not know about until now! This has changed the way I access information on the web, or rather, RSS allow the important information come to me.

2 comments:

Erik said...

It certainly made it easy for me to observe when you made this post. Reading this blog very quickly becomes a part of my routine with RSS. Otherwise, I wouldn't look at it until the next time I worked on class stuff.

Natalie Milman said...

Yes, having to go to various sites can be a pain...and for busy people like all of us - and especially those (like you) who are working FT and studying - it makes keeping up with things that interest you, as well as are imp. to your work (it's hard to keep up in IT) much easier!