Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The World is Free

I mean the virtual world, of course, the Internet. Sure you might pay a monthly fee for connection but what is that next to all that you can get: Free CSS, free HTML templates, free JavaScript, what’s all this? People give their templates for free, write tutorials for free, offer tips and tricks for free.

My 11-year-old boy even works for free on the Internet. He manages two forums about video games consoles. He writes reviews about all the games he has used, he tries new games weekly and writes tips and tricks (like tutorials), and suggests story lines to the designers, and trades games. All of that, for the pure enjoyment of writing and expressing his opinion. I get paid for doing less than that!

I have been looking for ways to learn CSS and JavaScript and so far I have been following tutorials on the Internet. Sometimes I feel that to learn all this, one needs a new mindset; a way of thinking that our children seems to be now born with nowadays. We adults, it seems to me, have to acquire… or learn to acquire (there you go) that extra space in our minds. And alas! As I am sitting with my laptop reading, learning, visualizing and playing in my head how to use CSS and JavaScript for my project,... I find... a new Website, or let’s say a few new Websites (new to me) that are offering JavaScript, CSS, XML templates for free.

They are:


Enjoy it!

1 comment:

Joy Gayler said...

Hey Graciela! You found one of my fav sites: www.dynamicdrive.com. Good stuff there. Thanks for listing your finds. You're correct - there is so much out there to choose from that going through it takes time.